1 Peter 2:9-10
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.”
10 Truths for those who believe.
- “chosen race” – out of many nations, one.
- “royal priesthood” – unrestricted access to the throne room
- “holy nation” – clothed in righteousness
- God’s “possession” – owned, bought with a price
- Proclaimers of truth – praise, preach, worship. We are his witnesses.
- “called” – attentive to the Shepherd’s voice. Ears that can hear.
- Out of the dark – eyes wide open. Once I was blind now I can see!
- Into the light – 2020 vision. In Christ.
- God’s “people” – cared for by the King, nurtured as His children.
- Recipient of mercy – Praise the Lord! “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1
Prayer: Father thank you for these truths that are assured by You. You are the Giver of all good gifts and I give you my praise.